In her tender age of 8 years she stood first in a fancy dress competition dressed as a leper. At the age of 16 she
as a lone warrior stood against the odds of a conservative society in Kumbakonam to cremate an abandoned
body of Hansen’s affected person. These spurred pursue her career. Her determination and courage came
from her father who served in the Indian Army who taught her that service to humanity is service to God. This
led her to crack in the top notch JIPMER to pursue her M.B.B.S and PG diploma in leprosy worked in the
department of dermatology. Post her medical degree she chose to do a non PG course for a year to serve the
needy people in a remote village. There she was an angel in disguise for the needy people during her service at
St.Thomas Hospital and Leprosy Centre. She not only took care of leprosy affected people but also of every
single patient from snake bites to heart attacks. The patients saw her as an incarnation of Mother Teresa. Later
she served at GREMALTES a German based leprosy centre in Chennai while simultaneously worked as a
consultant in Clinics and Hospitals and consulting various cases on skin, hair and nail issues and taking care of
the patients through Teledermatology on daily basis
The longevity of the lives of thousands of people has been extended by her yeomen service and contribution
not only as a medical doctor, but through her multifarious activities. She also runs Manalam Charitable Trust
and she also as a Rotarian does lot of Social Activities. Prevention is better that cure. Hence she organised and
actively involved in reaching out to the affected and the needy through several awareness camps.
• Organised more than 100 Breast Cancer Awareness Camps and Seminars (Benefitting Lakhs of people)
• Did Blood Donation Coordination around 500 to 50,000 needy patients.
• 300 General Medical camps screened around 40,000 patients.
• More than 300 Skin camps screening and distribution of free medicine to 30,000 patients.
• More than 200 Leprosy camps screening 10,000 patients.
• Supporting 100 families for Leprosy affected persons for their daily needs, lively hood and Education.
• Regularly gave counselling, treatment, rehabilitation to 5,000 HIV patients.
• DONE FREE MEDICAL CAMPS MORE THAN 1,500 CAMPS AND BENEFICIARIES MORE THAN 2,50,000
PATIENTS FOR PAST SIX YEARS.
A. ACTIVITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS AND PERFORMANCE
1. Attended many CME, National Conferences in IADVL and
2. Training for public health care providers.
3. Environmental protection programs & awareness: - Clean & green
4. Awareness of skin, hair, nail and health related issues.
5. Awareness on safety and child sexual abuse.
6. Executed Training and placement programs for Transgender.
B. CREDENTIALS & PUBLIC APPEARANCES AND INTERVIEWS
• She has made her graceful appearance in various south Indian and western TV channels, Radio stations;
Youtube channels, news papers and magazines to give her valuable thoughts related to dermal issues.
• She has also been invited as a Key note speaker and chief guest at several events across the state.
• She nailed the target to enter the “Wonder Book of Records”, for creating the largest female gender
formation, by women as a breast cancer awareness campaign in 2018.
• Appeared in the A/V, media with regard to talk about Skin Health, adolescent sexuality, STDs, HIV /
AIDS Awareness Programs & Created impact in transforming many lives and family welfare.
• Written article about early diagnosis of both male and female breast cancer.
• Differently abled Programs Developing the Ability to provide Employment
• Dignified life for Transgender Women.
Women Empowerment: Transformation Journey of family livelihood by uplifting to Positive change
• Extended Support for Senior Citizens and Elders.
• Orphan children: Volunteer & financial support to many orphanages in Chennai
• Pregnant mother care programmes.
• Children Care Programs.
• Conducted APJ Abdul Kalam Vision 2020 workshop.
• Conducted Dengue Awareness Campaign.
• Personal Hygiene: A Basic Prerequisite Program for Ensuring Food Safety.
• During natural calamities Tsunami, floods, cyclones she coordinated supply of relief materials through the network of volunteers.
• Working for the upliftment of Irular community( Tribal ).
• Working for the upliftment of people on roads by giving 100 food packets every day.
• Celebrated functions like Christmas, Diwali, Pongal along with road side people.
• Observed all International days like skin health day, anti leprosy day, Transgender day, Humanitarian day annually with the community.
• Missing Child / Adult Care: Care like Family. She has helped find several people.
• Suicide counselling: Friend to one who is in Trouble.
• Those who were lost physically and mentally.
• Using the social media through her wide contacts she had rescued so many children, adults who were
• LIC PANEL Medical examiner for last 30 years.
• Life Member of Fellow of Royal Society of Health (London)
• Life Member in IADVL.
• Life Member & Ex-Secretary and Now as a Treasurer in Chennai City Chapter of IADVL.
• Life Member & Treasurer in Indian Society of Teledermatology
• Life Member in Member of Cutaneous Club of Medicine
• Joint Secretary in Shenoy Nagar Welfare Association Chennai
• Pink Ambassador INDIA Turns PINK – Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign.
• Vice President “Rotary Club of Chennai Bharathi”
• Director & Founder – Mangalam Charitable Trust.
• Life Member Inner Wheel Club.
• Ambassador for Wigomania UK based organisation dealing with Wigs for Cancer patients.
She has donated liberally to several social causes besides mobilizing resources and obtaining sponsorship from the haves to gives to the have nots. Its not merely she alone. She has been actively involved in 30 top notch organisations and institutions. With her winning team from all these associations she has reached out to every nook and corner.. far and wide of the state with a helping hand and a warm heart. Her family built a police station and bus shelter in her village.
E. ENDORSING THE TRUE SOUL
After having heard about this epitome of inspiration, a true leader, a woman whose strides are as big as a jaguar, whose roars have been heard all across the state. How can one miss to recognize to this great soul? A worthy of this much deserved awards and invites, she has so far received over 101 awards. A magic number within a span of 6 years! While the list can be endless, here are a few key ones that one should know.
• Medical Excellence Award 2018 in Social Service Received From Honourable
Governor of Tamilnadu.
• Dr. Muthu Lakshmi Reddy Life Time Achievement Award in the Field of
Medicine and Social Service - 2018.
• Life time Achievement “ Amma Award 2018” for her exemplary service from
• Humanitarian Doctor Award from Health Secretary Tamilnadu Government
• BLISS SOCIAL AWARD for Social Service 2018
• International People Rights Organization Gave Special Achiever Award.
• Woman Icon Global Award 2018.
• Inspiring Rotarian Award 2018 at Rotary International District Conference.
• Visionary Woman Circle Award 2018.
• Lifetime Achievement Award by Rotary club of Chennai bharathi towards
Hansen’s disease 2017.
• Life time Achievement by Rotary Club of Chennai Golden Star 2017.
• “Mother Teresa Award 2016” for Social service in the field of medicine.
• Rajiv Gandhi Gold Star Millennium Award 2016.
• Gem of Tamilnadu Award 2015.